Join us Thanksgiving day, November 26th for Mass at 8:30 a.m. in the church. Bring the bread or wine for your Thanksgiving table to be blessed before sharing it with your family and friends.
Fr. Martin, Fr. Mat., Deacon Randy, Deacon Claude and the Parish Staff are thankful for all you have done for and in support of our faith community throughout this very difficult year
HURRICANE RELIEF - Due to progress in the rebuilding of Lake Charles what is badly needed is cooking teams and work crews to help clear the fallen trees which are still hampering recovery efforts. Anyone who can assist in the tree clearing efforts is asked to contact St. John parishioner Adam McCarty at 225-788-1999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As long as the threat of the coronavirus continues, Bishop Duca’s dispensation from the obligation of Sunday Mass will also remain in effect. As part of the dispensation, we will likewise continue to stream our 8:30 AM weekday and our 4:30 PM Saturday Vigil Masses on FACEBOOK.COM/ST. JOHNS 70769 and then post the videos for later viewing on our parish website (WWW.STJOHNCHURCH.ORG)
In the meanwhile, if you are in good health and are able to join us in person, and especially join us for Holy Communion, we urge you to do so. Our Masses are offered at our standard times of 4:30 PM Saturday, 7:30, 9:30 and 11:30 Sunday morning plus 6:00 PM Sunday evening. Weekday Masses are at 8:30 AM Monday through Friday.
Please note all of the measures we take in order to make our church building and Liturgies safe for you:
1) After every service a team of volunteers disinfects the church (pews, bathrooms, handrails, doors etc.).
2) Everyone attending Mass must wear a face mask.
3) Except for family members, a social distance must be kept between all individuals.
4) Communion ministers must wear masks and sanitize their hands several times.
5) All Communion bowls are scrubbed after each Mass
6) Standard missalettes are available on the ushers’ table for families to take home and keep as their own.
7) Should our quota for safe attendance ever be surpassed, preparations are in place for overflow in the Activity Center.
Also please note the updated procedures for baptism, weddings and funerals.
1) As a precaution, all baptisms will be done privately.
2) Funeral and weddings may now host as many as 250 participants. However, face masks are absolutely necessary for everyone-brides, grooms and wedding parties included.
Keep Sunday a Holy Day for you and your family! Pray, read scripture, talk about the scriptures, watch the Mass on television, eat a meal together.
Sunday Masses are broadcast on COX channel 15 at 10:00am and 12:30pm and on EWTN, COX channel 268 at 7:00am and 11:00am. Make the Mass a part of your Sunday schedule, don’t just “sleep in”.
Take advantage of this free resource from Magnificat … www.magnificat.com/free
REGARDING EMERGENCIES THAT NECESSITATE A VISIT BY A PRIEST- An emergency that requires a visit by a priest is defined as, “a death has occurred, or someone is in danger of death.” If this situation arises for you and your loved ones, please call 225.673.5532
St John the Evangelist
Click here for ACTS WEBSITE
Click here for FORMED
FATHER JOSHUA JOHNSON'S SPIRITUAL REFLECTION ON EVIL
HELP WITH FEMA APPLICATIONS